Valentines is coming up, so that is the inspiration for this post, but whether is V-day, Christmas, Teacher Appreciation Day, the end of the year or the beginning of a new school year… offering a small token of gratitude to our kids teachers, for the hours, work and dedication they pour into growing our kids, is so important. While I’m sure every gift is appreciated, I’m guessing teachers get their fill of candles, Bath and Body works lotions, and soaps, and boxes of candy.
If you’re looking for some great, unique ideas of gifts to give your teachers, check out these 20 amazing gift ideas, created – or rather upcycled – from some every day items, to make some pretty awesome gifts that you’re teachers likely have NEVER gotten from another student before.
1. My absolute favorite – Straw Dispenser Turned Pencil Dispenser
2. Flower Vase Made from Rulers
3. Framed Crayon Monogram
4. Marker/Pencil Holder Make From… Pencils!
5. DIY Apple Jars – so cute!!
6. Apple Trinket Holders Made From the Bottoms of Soda Bottles!
7. Candy/Trinket Holder – Made From a Clay Pot!
8. “100 Reasons Why I Love My Teacher” – Booklet of favorite notes and memories from the kids, mixed in with 100 crisp $1 bills. Not exactly an Upcycle, but could be one of the coolest, most heart-warming Teacher Gifts I’ve seen. This would be a “from the class” gift, so if you have time to arrange it with the other kids, this would be an AMAZING gift. Click the images below for detailed instructions/tutorial.
9. Personalized Coffee and Drink Koozies
10. Upcycled Painted and Personalized Fence Post
11. Upcycled Sheet Music Apple Crafts
12. Upcycled Hand Stamped Garden Marker Spoon
13. Math Geek Bobby Pins Made from Old Math Textbooks and Clear Glass Cabochons
14. Painted and Upcycled Clipboard
15. Upcycled Light Bulb Candy/Trinket Holder
16. Notebook Paper T-shirt
17. Upcycled Sewing Spools Made Into Apple Styled Thank You Notes
18. Upcycled Clothespin and Scrabble Tile Magnets – Personalized with your teachers name!
19. Ball Mason Jar Vase/Pencil Holder
20. “Stamp of Approval” Stamp box kit
21. Chalkboard Magnets Made From Cookie Sheets