Check out these adorable snowflake and burlap wrapped (upcycled!) mason jar lid ornaments! These can be made for the holidays, or swap out the wood decals for craft and decor items to be used year round. Super trendy and adorable on a farmhouse tree!
Things you will need:
- Mason jar lid with rings, regular mouth
- Jute twine
- Metal snowflakes or other flat ornament
- Burlap or jute decorative trim
- Laminated burlap sheets
- Hot glue
1. Remove the hanger from each ornament. Set aside.
2. Place a mason jar lid on the laminated burlap sheet and trace with a pencil to create the number of circles needed for the ornaments. Cut apart the circles with scissors.
3. Using hot glue, attach the burlap circles to the top (outward facing) side of the mason jar lid.
4. Then, use hot glue to attach the ornament in the middle of the burlap circle. Run a strand of hot glue around the inside edge of the mason jar ring and insert the lid, pressing into place.
4. Cover the metal ring with the burlap ribbon using hot glue, working from the front to the edge. Cut the ribbon at the end.
5. Cut a piece of jute twine about 5 inches long. Fold the jute twine in half and knot the loose end about 1 inch from the end.
6. Hot glue the loose ends of the jute twine on the inside rim of the mason jar ring. Bend the jute twine around the edge and place a small dot of hot glue on the top to attach the knot.
Check out the final product!!